Prostatitis is a common urological disease. The frequency of doctor visits for this reason in the United States, for example, is 1% (of all doctor visits).
Prostatitis is a condition caused by an inflammatory lesion of the prostate. It is an exclusively male disease that can begin at almost any age beyond the age of 20.
Forms of prostatitis
There are the following main forms of the disease:
- acute prostatitis;
- chronic bacterial prostatitis;
- bacterial prostatitis;
- Chronic prostatitis (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
Most often, prostatitis is caused by exposure to bacteria or viruses. People weakened by other illnesses (including chronic ones) are particularly susceptible to it; prostatitis can also occur as a result of increased stress, stress, hypothermia, bad habits (alcoholism), that is, all these factors that reduce the body's defenses. Therefore, prostatitis is divided into infectious and non-infectious.
Symptoms of prostatitis
The main signs of the disease are:
- pain in the lower back and abdomen, lower back, perineum, pelvis, groin, scrotum;
- increased urination (including nighttime cravings);
- burning sensation when urinating;
- difficulty urinating, cloudy urine;
- muscle and joint pain;
- weakness, weakness, increased fatigue;
- in acute forms of the disease - fever.
The doctor will also note the swelling and tenderness of the prostate.
Prostatitis not only seriously affects the quality of life, but can also lead to the development of other life-threatening diseases and conditions.
Important: these symptoms warrant urgent medical attention. Failure to treat acute prostatitis can lead to the development of chronic forms of the disease, as well as cystitis, pyelonephritis and even sepsis.
What drugs are considered the most effective in the treatment of prostatitis in men
The list of drugs for prostatitis includes the following groups of drugs:
- antipyretic drugs;
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
Important! A doctor should be responsible for prescribing drugs for the treatment of prostatitis. Treatment of prostatitis necessarily includes the use of antibacterial drugs, but due to the special structure of the capillaries of the prostate, no antibiotics can penetrate its tissues. Competent selection of the type, dosage and duration of use is necessary for the treatment of prostatitis with this drug to be effective.
The most effective treatment regimens for prostatitis include herbal drugs, as well as vitamin and mineral complexes that increase the resistance of the body:
- tablets containing herbal extracts such as St. John's Wort herb, Canada goldenrod herb, licorice root, root rhizome of Echinacea purpurea with total flavonoid content in terms of rutin 5%. The drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, bacteriostatic, analgesic effect, normalizes urination, increases the resistance of the body.
- Capsules with alcoholic creeping palm extract, which has an anti-inflammatory effect, relieves puffiness, facilitates urination, has antiandrogenic properties selectively in relation to the prostate, without affecting the hormonal balance and without causing a decrease in potency. The drug is available in boxes of 30 and 90 capsules.
- a vitamin and mineral preparation that contains the most important vitamins for male health (D3, tocopherol, niacin) and zinc, as well as the amino acid L-arginine, which improves blood circulation in the genitals, eleutherosides (to increase immunity) and a complex of herbal extracts (yohimbe bark, Siberian ginseng root, damiana leaves, large-flowered mountain goat grass, muira puama, suma root, cayenne pepper).
Important Phytopreparations are an effective adjunct to antibacterial therapy; consult your doctor about their use.
Prostatitis is a serious problem for modern men. It is necessary to carefully monitor the state of health, to eat well, to lead an active, but not exhausting life. If you experience symptoms of prostatitis, be sure to see a doctor; your doctor will prescribe all the medicines you need to effectively treat and support your body.